This feature allows an individual to complete an application referral form (application) and request that an applicant be allowed to apply to another private application on the site. In the referral form application, there must be two (2) fields created (NF_Name and NF_EmailAddress1). Those fields contain the name and email address of the person being referred. Once the referred person is approved, the Admin will set the Referral form application to a specific Status/Status Detail. Once at that Status/Status detail, it will trigger the system to create an applicant login (if one is not present already) for the referred person stated in the two fields (NF_Name and NF_EmailAddress1). This individual will be the new applicant in the target application. After creating the profile, it will start an application for this new applicant in the Target application. Any fields that have been mapped from the Source application to the Target application will also be populated based on XML names and the mapping created in this feature.
Important: This feature requires two (2) applications to be built:
- Source Application (the Referral application) – completed by the referee – usually not a private application that contains the NF_Name and NF_EmailAddress1 fields as well as any additional fields to be mapped to the target application
- Target Application – this is the application the refereed applicant will complete. (usually a private application) must also contain any mapped fields based on XML in the Source Application.
Configuration: To enable this feature please reach out to us or raise a support ticket and once enabled kindly follow the below steps.
- Step 1: From the Home page > Click on the Administration tab, here we can see Manage Application Section Mapping.
- Step 2: Click on Manage Application Section Mapping the below screen will be displayed.
- Step 3: Click on Create Mapping button, the below screen will be displayed.
Screen Mapping List
Start-Process When Status changes to Selected status is Pending Submission means when the status of the applicant in Source application will be changed to Pending Submission actions 1-5 will take place provided the conditions that are explained below hold well.
Screen Add/Edit Mapping
Source Application: The application of the applicant for which the status/status detail or both when changed to as defined in Screen Mapping List top section will result in all actions as listed in this screen taking place.
Target Application: The application which will be created for the newly created/ existing user (Email Id: The response entered by the applicant against the NF_EmailAddress1 question in the source application; First Name: The first part of the response entered by the applicant against the NF_Name question in the source application; Last Name: The 2nd part of the response entered by the applicant against the NF_Name question in the source application)
Example of Name entered by the applicant:
- Name1 Name2. Here Name1 will be treated as First Name and Name2 will be treated as Last Name.
- Name1 Name2 Name3. Here Name1 will be treated as First Name and Name2 Name3 will be treated as Last Name.
Text before the first blank space in the name will be treated as First Name and text after the first blank space will be treated as Last Name.
- Source Section Name: The sections of the source application.
- Target Section Name: The sections of the Target application.
Data will be pushed from the source sections to the target sections based on matching question XML names in the mapped sections.
Source Application Submit:
When the Source Application Applicant “Submits” the application, an email will be sent to the new user-provided.
Include in Emails sent to Applicants as shown in the screen below for the NF_EmailAddress1 question has been set as Yes.
The following Questions need to be added to the Source Application
- QuestionXMLName: NF_Name Question Type: Text
- QuestionXMLName: NF_EmailAddress1 Question Type: Email
- User will be created only if the email id provided by the applicant in the source application against the NF_EmailAddress1 question does not exist in the system.
- The Application will be created for the new user only if it does not exist. If multi submission for the application has been set a true then it will always be created.