The Application Adhoc Reports rely on a reporting database instance separate from the transaction database that stores information captured from the online system used by applicants, reviewers, and admins. In addition, there are backend processes that keep the data syncing with the reporting database tables at all times. This process runs automatically behind the scene at all times.
At times, the data in the reporting database may get out of sync with the transaction database. This happens when:
- Scenario 1: The Global Admin or someone from the Support team under advisement by the Global Admin makes a change to the application form. This situation requires the recreation of the reporting database.
- Scenario 2: Due to technical reasons, the transaction and reporting databases' data synchronization may fail. This could happen due to data mismatch issues, and it's a rare and uncommon situation.
When the above two scenarios occur, the system will automatically recognize the data changes and update the reports. The system will generate emails informing the progress of recreation of the Reporting Database Tables to the contact person whose details are provided in the “Application General Information Screen”. (See how to add the contact person information for Reporting Notification)
In the case of the above two scenarios, you will find three additional buttons updating the reporting database tables on the Adhoc screen.
- Recreate Reporting Database Button
- Sync Applicant Data Button
- Sync Review Data Button
Recreate Reporting Database Button:
- The Recreate Reporting Database, Sync Applicant Data, and Sync Review Data buttons will be made visible/available on the screen only if any change has been made in the selected application (section included, section excluded, section deleted or section added or Question/ Field added to the application, field removed, field excluded, field deleted, field updated). The system will automatically recognize the data changes and update the reports.
At any time If you are not satisfied with the reports, Admin has an option to click on these three Buttons. Upon click of this button, all the reporting data from the reporting database will be cleared and then data will be synced from scratch. Once the reporting database creation is complete, the user will be notified via email, and then they can start working with the reports.
Sync Applicant Data Button:
Sync Review Data Button:
|Helpful tips: Our system will restrict any non-printable Unicode characters saving into the system to prevent any failure to update of Reporting Database table