Activating the Manage Applicants Referral Function
To activate the Manage Applicants Referral Functionality you will need to activate specific Site Settings located on the Administration tab. Only the Global Admin has access to the Administration dashboard and therefore is the only user that can activate the Manage Applicants Referral Functionality.
- Step 1: From the Home page > Click on Administration tab
- Step 2: From the Administration tab, select the Manage Site Settings tab.
- Step 3: Once you are in Manage Site Settings locate the Referral Settings:
A) Enable Applicant Referrals
To turn on the referral function, select Yes. Activating this item will cause the Manage Applicant Referrals Icon to be present on Administration tab where you can see the referrals for all application forms as well as activate the Icon on each Manage Applications tab. Once activated, you will be able to review all the applicants that have been referred to a specific application form as well as see who referred them. This also activates the Referral Form button on the Applications Listing page so that individuals can refer applicants.
No - will turn the functionality off completely and you will not be able to access the Manage Applicant Referrals and the Referral Form button will not be available on your site to refer applicants.
B) Enable Applicant Referral Approval
As soon as the applicant is approved, an email is sent to the applicant with a special link that the applicant must click on to access the application and start applying to it. That email is triggered through the approval process and is the only way the applicant can get the approval email with the Apply link.
This setting, Enable Applicant Referral Approval, allows you to choose whether you want to manually approve the referral before the applicant being notified or if once the referee saves the referral form it automatically sends the invite email to the applicant.
Choose the selection based on when you want the approval to occur:
- Yes – You as the Administrator must approve the Referral before the applicant is notified and the email is sent. This also allows you to approve an applicant and choose not to send the notification email.
- No – As soon as the Referee saves the form, the email is automatically sent to the applicant notifying them that they can begin applying to the application. No approval is necessary by the Administrator.
C) Enable Agency Screen
This enables the “Manage Agency” button in the Manage Applicant Referrals screen. The administrator can use this screen to edit agency names entered by the referee. If the administrator sees that the referee did not correctly enter their agency/school’s name, the administrator can go and change the name for the referee’s agency/school.
- Yes – turns this feature on and the button will appear in Manage Applicant Referrals
- No – disables the feature and the button will not be present on the Manage Applicant Referrals.
From Home page > Select Application Form Name > Manage Applications > Click Manage Applicant Referrals