Steps to Create an Application Form
Home > Create New Application
As applicable, each step includes a link to a related article.
1. Login to your organization’s CommunityForce Scholarship Management Solution site. (See Login Options.)
2. On the Home page (Applications Listing Report), click the Create New Application button. (See Create New Application.)
4. Click the Save or Save & Exit button once you have entered all applicable information.
a. Save – Click this button to save the application and remain on the page. You will also be prompted to click Ok on a confirmation message.
b. Save & Exit – Click this button to save the application and return to the Home page (Applications Listing Report).
c. Exit – Click this button if you no longer wish to create a new application. You will be returned to the Home page (Applications Listing Report).
5. Search for the new application you just created in the Applications Listing Report and click on the blue report name link in the Application Form column to open the application.
6. Click on the Application Settings tab.
7. Click on the General Information option in the menu on the left side of the page. Insure all information displayed is correct and make changes if necessary, then click the Save button. (See General Information Setup Items.)
8. Scroll to the bottom of the General Information page and click the Add Contact button. (See Add an Application Contact.) Click the Save & Exit button to save the new contact to the application and return to the Application Settings screen. The Sections and Questions page will be displayed.
9. Create sections and questions for the application. Application questions are categorized into various sections to help the applicant navigate easily through the process. (See Create Questions for a Section.)
10. If you enabled prequalification in the General Information section of your application, click the Prequalification Questions menu option to create question/answer combinations to determine if applicants are qualified to proceed with the application. (See Create Prequalification Questions.)
11. Click the Request Instructions menu option if you have included request type sections in your application. This screen enables you to write instructions to the applicant so they understand the information needed in each request section and the person they need to ask to complete each section. (See Create Request Instructions to Applicant.)
12. Click the Submit Application Message menu option to create a message that will display for applicants once they have submitted their application. (See the 4.7 Submit Application Message section for more information.)
13. Click the Manage Application Funds menu option to allocate funding sources to the selected application. (See the 4.8 Manage Application Funds section for more information.)
14. Click the Manage Funds Criteria Information menu option to set the eligibility criteria for the linked funding to restrict awarding of the funding only to the eligible applicants that meet specific criteria. (See the 4.9 Manage Funds Criteria Information section for more information.)
15. Optional: Click the Manage Common Application Grants menu option to create one common application form that is used by the applicant to apply to multiple funding sources that have their own application process and require a separate application form.
Note: (Please be sure to review the 4.10 Manage Common Application Grants section carefully before implementing this feature.)
16. Optional Banner System Integration required: Click the Manage Application Indicators menu option to set the question conditions to be used to auto apply applicants based on data from your Banner system (See the 4.11 Manage Application Indicators section for more information.)
17. The Text Tab 1 – 5 menu options to add information/instruction pages and tabs for the Application Form. (See the 4.12 Creating Text Tabs 1 – 5 section for more information.)
18. If you enabled collaborators in the General Information section of your application, click the Collaborators Instructions menu option to provide the applicant with information on how to invite another applicant to collaborate on specific sections in their application form. (See the 4.13 Collaborators Instructions section for more information.)
19. If you enabled the proxy feature in the General Information section of your application, click the Proxy Instructions menu option to provide instructions to the “proxy” applicant. These instructions display after the proxy clicks the “Apply on Behalf of Someone Else” option on the application form. (See the 4.14 Proxy Instructions section for more information.)