Manage Parent-Child Application Process - Associating multiple funding sources to one application
Associating multiple funding sources to one application, allows you to set matching eligibility criteria in your applications, that will match your applicants to multiple funding sources that may be available to them. There are two separate instances that you would want to associate multiple funding sources to one application:
- When setting up a One to One application and using the View Matching Scholarships process.
- When setting up your One to Many application and you need to be able to match applicants in that one application to all the funding sources they are eligible for.
- Accessing the Manage Parent-Child Application Process
Manage Parent-Child Application Process allows you to link the separate funding sources to one single application.
- Step 1: From the Home, Dashboard select the Select Application Form Name.
- Select Application Settings and Select Manage Parent-Child Application Process
- Step 2: In the One to Many application: Select the group application that is being used by the applicants to apply to all your funding sources. In the One to One application select just the application for that one funding source.
- Step 3: The Manage Parent-Child Application Process will open. Two boxes are available Un-Assigned Scholarship and Assigned Scholarship.
- The Un-Assigned box will be a listing of all your funds that are currently published that you can assign to your application.
- Step 4: In the Un-Assigned column, select all the funding sources that are to be added to this application and click on the right directional arrow to add it to the Assigned Scholarship column. You can click the left directional arrow to move it back to the Un-Assigned.
Note: If you do not see a fund then it was not marked as published. You will need to return to the Manage Application Funds, mark it published, and then assign it to this section.
- Step 5: Once you have your funds moved to the assigned column, click on the Save to save the assignment.
- Step 6: An message will appear to confirm that you want to assign those funds to this application. Select OK to continue.
- Step 7: Click OK on the assigned successfully message:
- Step 8: The funds assigned to your application will now show at the bottom of the page and the assignment is complete.
- Step 9: You will now need to set the eligibility criteria on each of the associated funds, in the Manage Funds Criteria Information, click on the left arrow tab to select the Manage Funds Criteria Information.
- Associating Multiple Funds to a single application form – One to Many application
This is used in a one-to-many process. When you have one application that is used by your applicants to apply for multiple funding sources.
When setting up the funding source in the Funding source setup, you will recall that if using a one-to-many relationship you do not associate an application to that individual funding source, you would leave the Associated Application field blank. You only associate the main application to a posting fund. So then that raises the question of how is a funding source linked to the group application?
When you have an application that has multiple funds tied to the application you will need to be able to get a listing of applicants that match specific funds based on criteria questions that were set up in the application form.
Important: You will also need to make sure to include a section that contains the Matching Fund Eligibility Question so that applicants can see what they have been matched to.
Once you have the questions built into the application, and you have your funding source funds created, you can begin linking your funds to the application using the Manage Application Funds and the Manage Funds Criteria Information.
- Associating Multiple Funds to a single application form – One to One application
When using the one-to-one application process, if you are using the View Matching Funds feature, you will need to assign to each separate application that is part of that process, all the additional funding sources that you want the applicant to be able to apply to.
- Each funding source has its own application associated with it.
- Then in each application, you must link all the additional funding sources to it using the Manage Application funds and the Manage Funds Criteria Information.