Awarding in Manage Awards - One Fund
- Step 1: While in the Manage Awards report located on the Home page >Select Application Form Name > Manage Applications > Select Manage Awards - One Fund, click on the Edit Mode button located above the applicant listing section.
- Step 2: This will open up the Initial Award, Final Award, Comments, Status Detail, and Is Renewable fields so that you can populate those fields with data for each applicant.
Difference between the Initial Award and Final Award Columns:
When awarding applicants, the Initial award column is an optional column that can be left blank and only have the Final Award Column populated. However, when an applicant is awarded in the Final Award column, their status is automatically moved to a status of “Selected for an Award”. That status is viewable by the applicants on their dashboards.
Therefore, some clients do not want to have this status show to the applicants until they have been notified, or are sure that all the funding has been checked and awarded correctly to the proper applicants. So, they prefer to first award their applicants using the Initial Award Column.
Then once everything has been verified and the applicants have been personally notified, they will then go in and edit that applicant’s awarding and add the amount again to the Final Award Column causing the applicant to then be automatically moved to a status of “Selected for an Award”.
- Step 3: Initial Award/Final Award – If you do not want applicants to see that they have been awarded before notifying them of the award, enter the Initial Award amount otherwise, skip the initial award and enter the amount in the Final Award. (Once this award has been saved if the Final Award is populated the applicant will be automatically moved to the “Selected for an Award “status and the applicant will be able to see that they have been selected for an award.)
- Step 4: (optional) Add any comments you may want to include regarding the awarding of this award.
- Step 5: (optional): If you want to change their Status Detail you can change it here to the next Status Detail in your process.
- Step 6: (optional) if this is a renewable award and you want to track it using the Manage Renewal Applicants feature, select “Yes”, to open the additional Renewal Fields and update them with the renewal information. Otherwise, select “No”.
- Step 7: Once you have entered your award data. Click the Save button to save your changes. The award data will be saved. If you awarded using the Final Award column, all the applicants that were awarded will now show a status of “Selected for and Award”.
Clicking Cancel will cancel all the awards you currently just entered.
- Step 8: If you chose to first use the Initial Award column and then notify your applicants, once you are ready to award the applicants with the Final Award, you can select all, or just one of the applicants that were awarded the Initial Award, by putting a check in the box next to their name and then selecting, the Update Final Award button.
- Step 9: You will get an alert message notifying you that it will copy the Initial Award to the Final Award, and will override any amounts that you may have already entered in the Final Award field for the selected applicants. Click Continue.
- Step 10: This will automatically add the exact amount that was in the Initial Award Column to the Final Award column.
- Step 11: When you move an applicant to the final award using the Update final award button, the applicant's status will not change automatically to “Selected for an Award. You will need to click on the Edit Mode button again, and then once the edit mode opens, click the Save. This will then automatically move all that have the Final Award amount to the “Selected for an Award” status.