Overview of the Manage Role Types listing
Administration > Manage Role Types
View a list of all the existing role types for your organization.
Role Type Report Fields
Three standard role types come with your site: (the access for these role types cannot be modified but you can change the name and description to better fit the needs of your organization.) These preloaded role types are as follows:
- Global Admin: Has full administrative rights within the CommunityForce application program to view, make changes, and delete items. You are only allowed to have Global Admin accounts for the number of licenses you have purchased. Therefore, when creating users, you cannot create additional Global Admin accounts unless additional licensing has been purchased.
- Reviewer: This is a committee member that will be reviewing an application in the evaluation and scoring process. The Reviewer has access to review applicants using the Review Assignments tab on their Home Dashboard. They can only view applicants that have been assigned to them in the Evaluation Assignment Process.
- Applicant: Applicant profile has access to the Applicant's dashboard only.
- Other: The Role Type of Other is currently being used with Single Sign-On accounts by the integration team. If you do not have a Single sign-On for your site, do not assign anyone the role of Other.
Should there be a need of limiting users to certain administrative functions, the software allows for an organization to set up additional role types and hand selects the features that will be available to those users. Examples of such accounts include:
- Dept Admin: This role type provides access to all areas except Administration and is applicable for users who manage specific application processes. You are only allowed to have department admin accounts for the number of licenses you have purchased. Therefore, when creating users, you cannot create additional Dept Admin accounts unless additional licensing has been purchased.
- Dept Reporting: This role type has view-only access to all reports except those in Administration.
- Global Reporting: This role type has view-only access to all reports including those in Administration.
Important: The additional role types that are pre-loaded are suggested role types only, therefore you will want to review each role's access before using and create a meaningful definition for your organization's needs.
Role Type Description: Use the description field to explain the type of access this role provides. You can also use this field to note specific job titles that might be appropriate for this role type.
Additional Notes about the Role Type Report
- The total number of Role Types displays on the left above the report.
- Click the Add New Role Type button to create a new role type.
- Click the Export to Excel button to download the list in an Excel format. Please see the Export Report article for more details.
- Click the Edit (pencil) icon to make changes to an existing role type.
- Click the Delete icon to permanently delete a role type.
- Use the navigation links at the bottom of the list to move through the pages or change the number of records displayed per page.
- Click the column heading, Role Type, or Role Type Description to toggle between ascending and descending sort order.