Add Search Filters to Funding Source
Home > Manage Application Funds > Setup Funding
This feature helps an applicant search for funds for which they may be eligible, prior to applying. This is helpful when you have multiple funding sources available for your applicants because it allows them to quickly filter out only the funds for which they are eligible.
Prior to setting up search filters specific to a funding source, global search filters must be created by the Global Admin under Administration > Manage Search Filters.
Search filters are organized into criteria groups with each group containing the required values for that specific group.
If your organization has set up global search filters, when you are setting up a funding source for a specific fund, you will see a listing of all the available search filters to select under the Search Filters section. If your organization is not using the global search filters, this section will be empty and selection will not be available.
Once this feature is activated it can be accessed two ways:
1) When first creating your funding source and after you click Save & Next, if activated, the Add a Contact screen will display; click Next on that screen. Also, if activated, the Add a Donor screen will display next; click Next on that screen. You will now be at the Search Filters section. (If the Add Contact and/or Add Donor features are not activated, you will be directed to the Search Filters section.)
2) Existing Funding Source: When viewing the funding source listing, click on the name of the funding source to which you want to add a search filter. Scroll to the bottom of the page to view the Search Filters section.
Options Available: This column will be blank until search filters have been set for this funding source.
To set the Search filters options:
1. Access the search filter section by using one of the methods described above. You will need to set every search filter that is active and displaying in the search filter listing.
For the filters that apply to your fund's specific eligibility, only select the correct replies to be eligible for that fund. For the other search filters, select "all" as they will all apply.
Your funding source is for female applicants only. The following search filters are active:
County (select all)
Gender (select female only)
Is US Citizenship Required? (select all)
Major (select all)
State (select all)
2. Click on the Edit icon next to each of the search filters to set the values. The Edit Funding Search Filter box will display.
3. In the Options Available field click the dropdown arrow to see all the available replies that an applicant can use to locate a funding source.
If all the replies are eligible for your funding source fund, click All at the bottom of the dropdown listing. All the values will be marked with a check. Click Ok to continue.
If only one of the replies is eligible, select on the applicable reply and click Ok to continue.
4. The selection(s) will now display in the Options Available field. Click Save and return to the setup screen.
5. The Search Filters section will display all the selections for that filter. repeat these steps for every filter. Once all the filter options are set, click Save or Save and Exit on the Funding Details setup page to save the information.