Question Type - Calculations
Home > (Select - Application Name) > Application Settings > Sections and Questions > (Select - Section Name) > Select - Add Question
Calculation question types are used to create a read-only calculation field in which the value of the question equals the calculated sum of other numeric, currency, or float question types within the application. You can create a Calculation Field question type that will return the results of the calculated fields, (i.e., you have multiple question fields that are numeric that you need to add together for a final total.) You cannot create a formula that performs a calculation on another calculation type question.
To create a calculation question type:
1. Select the Calculation question type and the Formula field will display.
2. Click the Add a Formula link below the Formula field to create a new formula.
3. Click the Add a Field button to add the first field to be used in the calculation.
4. Select the Section Name that contains the question you will use in your calculation.
5. Select the question you will use in the calculation from the Field Name dropdown list.
6. Select the type of operator to be used in the calculation. The available operators are: +, -, *, /. This operator controls how you are going to calculate this line with the next line below it.
Continue to follow steps 3-6 for each line you need to add to the calculation for this question.
Note: The operator will not display in the second line until you click the Add a Field button again. The reason this happens is that when you only have two fields to calculate, it is not necessary to add the operator on the second field. This is also the case for the last line in your calculation which will not have an operator as it is the last line and there are no other items to be calculated in this formula. After completing your last line, do not add an operator or hit the Add a Field button again or this will cause an error in your formula.
To delete a row in the calculation, click the Delete (trash can) icon.
After adding all necessary fields for the calculation, click Save to save the calculation and keep the formula window open, or Save & Exit to save the calculation and return to the Question listing report. The Formula field will display the formula fields you added to the calculation.
Once the applicant answers all the questions required for the calculation, the applicant must click the Calculate button next to the question. The result of the calculation will then display on the application.