Question Type - Date Difference
Home > (Select - Application Name) > Application Settings > Sections and Questions > (Select - Section Name) > Select Add Question
The Date Difference question Type is used to determine the calculation in months between two dates. Each question used in this calculation must be a Date question Type.
Below is an example of how the Date Difference question type is used:
In the example above, the Beginning date of break in education and the Ending date of break in education are Date question types and these questions must be created first. Number of months is a Date Difference question type that uses both the beginning and ending date questions in its calculation.
Once you select Date Difference as the question Type, the Add Dates Formula field will display.
1. Click the Add Dates link shown below the Add Dates Formula field.
2. Click the Add a Field button to add the first field to be used in the calculation.
3. Select the Section Name that contains the question you will use in your calculation.
4. Select the question you will use in the calculation from the Field Name dropdown list.
5. Select the type of operator to be used in the calculation. The available operators are: +, -, *, /. This operator controls how you are going to calculate this line with the next line below it.
Continue to follow steps 2-5 for each line you need to add to the calculation for this question.
Note: The operator will not display in the second line until you click the Add a Field button again. The reason this happens is that when you only have two fields to calculate, it is not necessary to add the operator on the second field. This is also the case for the last line in your calculation which will not have an operator as it is the last line and there are no other items to be calculated in this formula. After completing your last line, do not add an operator or hit the Add a Field button again, or this will cause an error in your formula.
To delete a row in the calculation, click the Delete (trash can) icon.
6. After adding all necessary fields for the calculation, click Save to save the calculation and keep the formula window open, or Save & Exit to save the calculation and return to the Question listing report. The Add Dates Formula field will display the formula fields you added to the calculation.
Be sure to mark the Required field setting if you require this question to be answered.
Once you are done creating the question be sure to click Save & Exit to save the question and return to the Questions listing.