The View Matching Scholarships, is used in a one to one application process and allows you to have the ability for your applicant’s to be matched to additional applications that are similar based on the funding source’s eligibility criteria.
When the applicant applies to one funding source and completes that application, they will have a button on their dashboard that allows them to view matched applications for additional funding sources they may want to apply to.
The matching will require that the same criteria questions are present in all the additional funding applications.
As the applicant answers the criteria questions in one application, if that question(s) criteria’s reply is exactly the same as the reply needed to meet the criteria in another application, the applicant will be matched to that additional application.
- Step 1: Create each individual application form, cloning from the Master template application or create your first application and clone all the remaining using that same application. You want all the questions needed to match criteria, the same in all your individual application forms, meaning they “must” have the same sectionxml and questionxml names to match.
In the General Information setup for each application select “yes” for the Enable View Matching Scholarship, and select “yes” for the Enable Opt In/Apply Options in View Matching Scholarship.
- Step 2: For each application create your funding source in the Funding Source Setup and associate that funding source’s application to that fund setup.
- Step 3: On each application form in the application’s setup dashboard, open the Manage Application Funds section and select all the other funding sources that you want to match to using this process.
- Step 4: After you have set up the Manage Application Fund, you will need to set all the eligibility criteria filters for each of those addition funds only under the Manage Funds Criteria Information for that same application.
- Step 5: Repeat steps 3 and 4 for every fund’s application setting all the eligibility criteria on every fund on every application.
- Step 6: Once all the funds’ applications have had all the funds’ criteria set, then the applicants can begin applying and start seeing the matched applications.