The Set Master Application feature allows you to set an existing application as the Master Template. There can only be one application designated as the Master Application. The Master Template can then be used for cloning new applications going forward.
A Master Application should be used with all External System Integrations.
Setting up a Master Template is only available to Global Admins. The setting for this located in the Set Master Application under the Administration Dashboard.
- Step 1: Select from the Home Page – the Administration icon (If you do not see the Administration Icon on your dashboard you do not have authority to perform this function. Please see your Global Admin for assistance)
- This will open the Administration Dashboard
- Step 2: Select the Set Master Application Icon
- This will open the Set Master Application setup screen. The Current Master Application should be blank if you have not set a Master application already.
Note: If there is a current Master Application, already, then changing it will only push any new changes down to applications that are then cloned from the new Master Application. Any applications that were previously cloned from the prior Master Application, will no longer have any new changes pushed down that are created in the new Master application unless the XML in the new application is the same as the prior Master template application’s XML.
- Step 3: Click the Drop down arrow in the “Select an Application” and select the Master Template that was created.
- Step 4: Click the Set As Master Application button
- Step 5: Click OK on the Status update.
- “The Current Master Application” should now show the name of your Master Template.
- Step 6: Click exit to complete the setup and return to the Administration Dashboard.