The next step in your Rollover Process is to create the new application form(s) that the applicant’s will be applying to.
(See Module 3 – Application Form Setup – Section 2.2.2 Cloning an Existing Application)
- Note: If doing a Two Step/Multi-level application process, or a Common Parent Child Application process, you will need to clone all the applications again for each level of the process.
When you clone an application, the following items will clone with it:
- General Information Setup
- All Associated Funds and their linked criteria
- All sections and questions from the originating application form including the conditional logic set on those section.
- The Pre-Qualification section if used on the originating application form
- Request Instructions to the Applicant will contain the same message
- The Submit Message will contain the same message
- Text Tabs
- Notification Center Email Templates
- Evaluation Setup
- Automated Scoring Setup
When cloning you will need to go through and confirm all items are set correctly for your “new” application term. You will also want to make any necessary modifications to your application form that you have determined need revised from the previous year’s process. The following sections will review some of the key areas of your Application Setup that should be confirmed as part of the application cloning process.
2.1 Confirm Setup in the Clone Existing Application Setup
When cloning your application form, you will want to make sure that all the correct information has been updated in the Setup portion of your application. Some key items to watch for are:
(See Module 3 – Application Form Setup – Section 2.2.3 General Information Setup)
- Begin Accepting Applications Date and Deadline date and time reflect your new applications timeline.
- Make sure that the new Academic year is the correct period for the funding of this new application’s term. When you roll the funding sources this is the new date that will be added to the fund(s) in the fund setup under the Annual Budget/Academic year field.
- Confirm that the Reply Sent from email is going to the correct email address
- If using the Application Form Cost confirm the amount
- Update any date information you may have included in the Instructions section to reflect your new applications process.
2.2 Associating Funds to your Cloned Application Form
After you have updated the Clone Existing Applications setup section of your cloned application with the new applications data, Click Save or Save and Exit.
The Associate and/or Link Funds(s) with the cloned application screen will appear.
This feature will link this application to its funding sources, as well as roll over all the Fund data from the originating application’s Manage Funds section and Manage Funds Criteria information. All the funds that you select will be rolled over and included as funding provided in this new application form as well.
- CAUTION - IMPORTANT: If you do not want to associate the funds to your application form click Cancel to bypass this feature. However, if you bypass this feature, you will be responsible for going back into the fund setup to link the application form to the appropriate funds and adjust the academic year on all linked funding. If you have multiple funding and had added funds in Manage Application Funds on the prior application you will need to manually re-link those funding sources, and re-enter their fund criteria in the Manage Funds Criteria Information on this new application form. Once you Cancel this option you cannot access it again unless you go back in and start the re-cloning of your application form again.
- Step 1: Select Associated Fund Field
This is used to link the posting or single fund that will be used in the application process.
Note: this will only show funding sources that do not have an associated application form selected in the funding source setup. Therefore, if you did not remove the prior period’s application form in step 1 of the rollover process, the funding source will not appear in the dropdown listing.
1 to 1 application process – One application and only One funding source funding the process
Select the dropdown listing and select the single fund that is to be used to fund this specific application Form.
One to Many (Common application – One application with multiple funding sources funding the single application)
Select the dropdown listing and select the main “posting” fund that is to be linked to this specific application Form.
Parent Child Application Form (Common Application – one application form that pushes data to multiple individual Fund Applications based on criteria built in the parent application form.
You will be cloning separate applications for the Parent Application as well as separate applications for the individual child application forms.
On the Parent Application select the “Posting” fund that is to be linked to the Parent application form.
On the individual child fund applications select the funding source that is to be used to fund the single application form.
Two-Step Multi Level Application Form
Each level has its own funding source. Select the funding source for each specific application form you are cloning.
- Step 2: Assigned Funds Field
If you have multiple funding sources funding this application form and in the originating application had linked those funds using the Manage Application Funds, and set the funding criteria in the Manage Funds Criteria sections, this step is used to clone all the prior setup of funding from the origination application you just cloned.
If you only have one fund funding this application form and have added that fund in the Select Associated Fund field, you can bypass this step 2 and continue to step 3.
All the funds from the originating application will be automatically selected. If there is a fund that is no longer to be included in this new application form, unselect that fund by removing the check mark from the box. All the funds that have a checkmark will be cloned to your new application form.
- Step 3: Save Fund Details
Select the Save Fund Details button to save the funds.
- Step 4: You will receive the following message, click OK.
All the funding sources will now be linked to your application form. In the Fund Setup the Annual Budget/Academic Year on those linked funding sources will automatically be rolled to the new period based on the application forms. All funds from the prior applications will not be cloned in the new application and automatically setup with the criteria from the previous application that was cloned.
2.3 Sections Setup
Look at the Sections and Questions section and confirm you have the required information for each of your existing sections.
(See Module 3 – Application Form Setup – Section 2.5 Adding Sections)
- Confirm the deadline date for each section is set to the new date/time for that specific section if it is not the same as the application.
- Update any dates that may be contained in the Section Specific Instructions.
- Add any new sections you may want to include in this new application process
- Be sure to confirm that all the appropriate sections have been marked “Activate” or unmarked if not to be activated until later in the process.
- Important: If you have any sections that have deadlines separate from the actual application, be sure to update those sections with the new deadline dates. (I.e. Request Section, Acceptance, and Post Acceptance section)
2.4 Question Setup
After you’ve confirmed that all date information has been updated in your sections’ setup and you have added any additional sections, you will also want to preview each section and confirm that all date information that may contained in the text of a question or a question setting has been updated with the new dates.
(See Module 3 – Application Form Setup – Section 2.6 Adding Questions to your Sections)
- Browse through each section’s listing of questions and update any dates that may be included in those questions.
- If any questions are “Date” question types, confirm that the Min Date and Max Date are set within the correct timeframe.
- If you have a multiple step application form where you notify applicant using the application link question to start a new application form, be sure to go into that Application link question and update the linked application to the new application form.
- Make any modifications to questions that you found need revised due to lessons learned from last year’s process.
- Add or remove any questions that you found need revised due to lessons learned from last year.
- Add or remove any questions and/or values that you need adjusted due to eligibility requirements for either new funding sources added or ones removed.
- If you remove any question, confirm your conditional logic items to make sure that none of the logic has been affected from the questions you removed.
2.5 Request Instructions
(See Module 3 – Application Form Setup – Section 2.7 Creating Request (Nomination Section Instructions to the Applicant)
Update your request instructions and confirm that any dates in the text portion have been updated.
2.6 Manage Text Tabs
(See Module 3 – Application Form Setup – Section 2.8 Manage Text Tab)
If using Text Tabs confirm that any date information contained in them has been updated. You will also need to open each tab you have used and mark that tab as published so that is available in the new application form.
2.7 Application Submit Message
(See Module 3 – Application Form Setup – Section 2.9 Setting the Application Submit Message)
Make sure that any dates in the Submittal message have been update.