Please note: All PDF documents orientation must be PORTRAIT and sized to 8-1/2" x 11". Do not upload any documents in landscape orientation.
If you have an MS Word or MS Excel version of a document. Follow these steps to convert the completed document to Portable Document Format (PDF)?
There are various ways to convert a document to PDF. These can change depending upon the software on your system. Two suggestions are:
With Adobe Acrobat software, convert the document to PDF directly from your system:
- Open the document.
- Select File, Print from the menu (a Print dialog box will appear).
- Click on the drop-down list arrow for the printer Name field (to view your list of available printers).
- Choose "Adobe PDF" as the printer.
- Click the "Print" button.
- The document automatically converts to PDF. In the "Save PDF File As" dialog box, type in a name for the PDF file (file name should have no extraneous characters, e.g., no brackets, hyphens, underscores, commas, quotes, etc.) and verify the location to which the document will be saved, click Save (the document will be saved as a PDF file).
- Close the file.
Convert a document to PDF through other sources:
- To create PDFs from word processing documents, you may also use PDF generator software (many are free or can be purchased at a nominal cost). For a list of PDF generators see: PDF Generator List
- Some printer/copier machines and digital senders are equipped with PDF conversion software. These systems will scan the document and save it as a PDF file to your system. Check with your IT professionals to see if your office has this capability.
- You may also visit www.adobe.com to purchase the Adobe Acrobat software for ease in future conversions.
After you have converted the document to PDF, then what?
Once you have converted the document to a PDF file, the next step is to upload/attach the file to your online application.