Did you forget something?
Making adjustments and changes to a live application can become challenging for your staff, and also frustrating to the applicants. Therefore, it is best practice to always thoroughly review and test the application form prior to making it a live application and allowing your applicants to begin applying.
You will not want to publish any application until it has been reviewed and tested.
The following sections will cover how to review the various areas of the application and funding source set up to assure that you have properly set up the application.
When reviewing you will want to, again, look at the funding sources, your review process, and awarding process to reconfirm that you have built into your application all the items needed to pull eligibility for those areas.
- Did you include all necessary items in drop down listing, etc., so that the data can be mined efficiently?
- What about your review process, are there items that are discussed in the review committees to determine eligibility, or tie breakers? Were those included in the application and can you easily pull the date if needed?
- What about after the initial applying, are there additional sections that should be included to capture additional information from your applicants or staff members during review or after the awarding process. Are those sections created to appear during the appropriate stages?
- What types of reports are you needing to run, and have you set up the questions items in a manner that allows you to be able to easily pull that data and reported on?
- Required attachments – did you include all the upload questions to be able to capture all your required attachments needed for your applicants to apply.
- Communication – are all the appropriate email templates created that are needed to communicate with your applicants during the application process? Do they relay your message or are they still set on the default messages?
You will want to go through each section of the application form and confirm that the correct settings have been set on all your sections, all the correct questions are in the right sections and formatted correctly, and you have provided sufficient instructions to the applicants on how to complete this application form.