Your first step in rolling an application over is to Clone your previous year’s application(s).
(See Module 3 – Application Form Setup – Section 2.2.2 Cloning an Existing Application)
- Note: If doing a multi-level process, you will need to clone all the applications again for each level of the process.
When you clone an application, the following items will clone with it:
- General Information Setup
- All sections and questions from the originating application form including the conditional logic set on those section.
- The Pre-Qualification section if used on the originating application form
- Request Instructions to the Applicant will contain the same message
- The Submit Message will contain the same message
- Text Tabs
- Notification Center Email Templates
- Evaluation Setup
- Automated Scoring Setup
The following items will not clone and therefore will need to be recreated in your new application process:
- Ad hoc reports (see Final setup by CommunityForce for assistance with moving over your application forms.
- Manage Application Funds/Manage Common Application Funds?
- Manage Fund Criteria (see Final setup by CommunityForce for assistance with moving over your existing Fund Criteria)
After cloning you will need to go through and confirm all items are set correctly for your “new” application term. You will also want to make any necessary modifications to your application form that you have determined need revised from the previous year’s process. The following sections will review some of the key areas of your Application Setup that should be confirmed as part of the application cloning process.
1.1 Confirm General Information Setup
After cloning your application form you will want to make sure that all the correct information has been updated in the General Information Setup portion of your application. Some key items to watch for are:
(See Module 3 – Application Form Setup – Section 2.2.3 General Information Setup)
- Begin Accepting Applications Date and Deadline Date/Time – confirm both have the correct information for your new applications timeline.
- Make a note of the new Fiscal year as you will need to have this information when updating your funding source
- Confirm that the Reply Sent from email is going to the correct email address
- If using the Application Form Cost, confirm the amount
- Update any date information you may have included in the Instructions section to reflect your new applications process.
1.2 Sections Setup
Look at the Sections and Questions section and confirm you have the required information for each of your existing sections.
(See Module 3 – Application Form Setup – Section 2.5 Adding Sections)
- Confirm the deadline date for each section is set to the new date/time for that specific section if it is not the same as the application.
- Update any dates that may be contained in the Section Specific Instructions.
- Add any new sections you may want to include in this new application process
- Be sure to confirm that all the appropriate sections have been marked “Activate” or unmarked if not to be activated until later in the process.
- Important: If you have any sections that have deadlines separate from the actual application, be sure to update those sections with the new deadline dates. (I.e. Request Section, Acceptance, and Post Acceptance section)
1.3 Question Setup
After you’ve confirmed that all date information has been updated in your sections’ setup and you have added any additional sections, you will also want to preview each section and confirm that all date information that may contained in the text of a question or a question setting has been updated with the new dates.
(See Module 3 – Application Form Setup – Section 2.6 Adding Questions to your Sections)
- Browse through each section’s listing of questions and update any dates that may be included in those questions.
- If any questions are “Date” question types, confirm that the Min Date and Max Date are set within the correct timeframe.
- If you have a multiple step application form where you notify applicant using the application link question to start a new application form, be sure to go into that Application link question and update the linked application to the new application form.
- Make any modifications to questions that you found need revised due to lessons learned from last year’s process.
- Add or remove any questions that you found need revised due to lessons learned from last year.
- Add or remove any questions and/or values that you need adjusted due to eligibility requirements for either new funding sources added or ones removed.
- If you remove any question, confirm your conditional logic items to make sure that none of the logic has been affected from the questions you removed.
1.4 Request Instructions
(See Module 3 – Application Form Setup – Section 2.7 Creating Request (Nomination Section Instructions to the Applicant)
Update your request instructions and confirm that any dates in the text portion have been updated.
1.5 Manage Text Tabs
(See Module 3 – Application Form Setup – Section 2.8 Manage Text Tab)
If using Text Tabs confirm that any date information contained in them has been updated. You will also need to open each tab you have used and mark that tab as published so that is available in the new application form.
1.6 Application Submit Message
(See Module 3 – Application Form Setup – Section 2.9 Setting the Application Submit Message)
Make sure that any dates in the Submittal message have been update.